1) What was this native of Austria doing in this photo?
2) What were these men of god doing in Berlin in August 1933?
3) What explanation was given for what these imaginary men are doing in this illustration from a recent article about a new German toy?
4) What is this child dressed as Hitler doing during this man on the street interview?
1) Showing off his muscle development.
2) Giving the Nazi salute.
3) Pointing at the sky.
4) Asking for a high five.
The priests-at-a-Catholic-youth-rally picture came from here.
Here's a story in English about the saluting Santas.
Another in German.
The toymaker behind the Nazi Santas is unimpressed with the unwanted attention their product is receiving. "We are surprised that a Santa pointing skyward has been associated with the Hitler salute," he told Bild.Here's a fascinating article at WFMU's Beware the Blog on the subject of Christmas under the Nazis.
The Child-Hitler-interviewing-people-on-the-street picture comes from this disturbing video.
Tag Salutes: Nazi Salutes. . . Catholic Priests. . . Santa Claus. . . Germany. . . Christmas. . . Schwarzenegger. . . Adolf Hitler. . . Beat Kids