A flyer for SASSAS arrived in my mailbox recently.
It announces a handful of concerts in 3 different locations, June through September. This makes it the biggest summertime new music series in LA county that I'm aware of.
The performers are described as
- founder of a free-noise collective
- someone who revels in "thrift store brutism"
- a psychedilic bagpipe minimalist
- a cellist who reveals the "sublimity of the small"
- eight "heavy metal and harsh noise" players combined in "randomly chosen ensembles"
- three "international icons of modern improvisation"
SASSAS Tags: SASSAS. . . new music. . . noise. . . improvisation. . . Los Angeles